Caring Across Generations
Position: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Campaign Director
Start Date: As soon as possible
**This position is 100% remote anywhere in the United States**
About Caring Across Generations:
Caring Across Generations (CAG) is a national campaign working to make care more affordable and accessible at every stage of life, while making sure caregivers, people with disabilities and aging adults are treated with respect and dignity. Founded in 2011 by Sarita Gupta and Ai-jen Poo, our campaign is focused on creating change in three ways: convening a powerful coalition of state and national care organizations to advocate for the transformation of our nation’s care infrastructure, fighting for groundbreaking policy at the state and federal level, and changing hearts and minds through storytelling and cultural organizing.
Caring Across Generations is seeking a Digital Director who will grow and lead our digital program. The Director will increase the visibility and engagement of the caregivers who comprise the core of our Caring Majority and bring new and representative caregivers into our campaign to transform how care is given, received and valued in this country.
The Digital Director, reporting to the Managing Director, will work closely with all teams and provide the campaign with the best digital strategic guidance and expertise to advance our mission. They should be an experienced leader, ready to direct and mentor a small but mighty team of digital professionals. They will lead the day-to-day operations of the digital team, overseeing the website – including a redesign, social media, SMS, and email strategy for the organization.
They will have a big-picture, campaign-focused mindset that is informed by a deep understanding of the audience journey that can be accomplished through our digital platforms. The ideal candidate is a creative and strategic thinker, a person who will use their talents and drive in service of the campaign and our goals. They will be a proactive communicator who builds and operationalizes strategies and plans for the long-term, but who can also jump into rapid response when the moment calls for it, delivering high-quality work quickly and on deadline.
Specifically, your daily work will include the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the digital program and manage a high-functioning, creative, agile and responsive team of full-time staff and vendors.
- Actively engage in all initial planning meetings led by our Advocacy, Campaigns, Culture Change, and Development teams where public engagement is necessary to build our base, move people to action, financially support our work, and build an online constituency of advocates and activists who will help us advance the campaign’s mission.
- Lead the rapid response process, strategy, and communications for social media platforms, text and email programs.
- Oversee creation of high-quality content across all digital platforms and targeted distribution to drive awareness around our campaign, our goals, and our mission.
- Innovate to expand, diversify and organize our Caring Majority community through paid and organic outreach.
- Direct strategy, content, and editorial calendar decisions for social media, email, and digital campaigns and ensure they are closely aligned and coordinated with broader campaign strategies.
- Establish national digital engagement metrics: use Web/social network data and tracking systems to compile online engagement reports and monitor activity/success in digital channels.
- Lead digital partnerships with our allies to support our collective goals and mission
- Coordinate with the Development department to support the strategy creation and implementation of digital fundraising tactics including appeal emails, landing pages, tools and graphics for online fundraising activities, including donation forms.
- Preferred 10+ years of relevant digital experience that includes website, SMS, social media and email.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and leading digital strategies and campaigns in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills that have been honed on social and email platforms.
- Experience managing online rapid response moments.
- Experience coordinating projects that involve campaigning, digital, design and communications teams is a must.
- Experience with audience development and developing digital content with an eye for growth.
- Experience overseeing creative content production and distribution
- Experience working with digital ads for growth.
- Strong management skills, great listener with a high degree of emotional intelligence, the ability to set and meet deadlines, detail oriented and highly organized — all while driving results.
- Proven ability to build productive working relationships with team members at all levels of the campaign. Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving skills, and a calm, even demeanor — even when time is tight and the pressure is on.
- A positive team player who is willing to go above and beyond to advance the issue and the people who are impacted by providing, receiving or experiencing caregiving every day.
- Strong social justice lens and an appetite to undo racism, sexism, misogyny, classism, ableism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of oppression.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and people.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
How to Apply
APPLY HERE: https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=199
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until it is filled, but preference will be given to those who apply by midnight ET on October 17, 2021.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQIA+ people are strongly urged to apply.
Applications should include:
- A resume
- Answers to the following questions in lieu of a cover letter:
- What is your motivation for applying to this role? (suggested word limit: 200)
- What are some of the most effective ways you’ve personally used digital or have seen it used to change culture, agitate for policy change, and mobilize a large and diverse constituency? (suggested word limit: 200)
- Tell us about a time you used one of the core competencies we list to oversee or produce high quality content to drive awareness around a campaign (suggested word limit: 200)
- Two writing samples (e.g. email campaign, social media toolkit, etc.).
Compensation, Benefits and Work Schedule
This is a full-time, exempt position, with occasional evening and weekend work based on need. The salary is $100,000 – $105,000 (non-negotiable) and remote in the United States
Caring Across Generations is a project of, and fiscally sponsored by, National Domestic Workers Alliance. NDWA offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Generous Benefits, including 5+ weeks of paid time off annually, including 3 weeks of office closure, most federal holidays, 12 days of vacation, and 12 sick days (prorated to the start date).